Tenant - Emergency Repairs
The law distinguishes between urgent (emergency) repairs and those which are not so urgent. Urgent repairs are:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak
- A blocked or broken toilet system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
- A failure or breakdown of the hot water service
- A failure or breakdown of the stove or oven
- A failure or breakdown of a heater or air-conditioner
- A fault or damage which makes the premises unsafe or insecure.
If urgent repairs are needed you should notify the landlord or agent right away. The landlord or agent must arrange for the repairs to be done as soon as possible. If you cannot reach them, check your tenancy agreement for the details of a nominated tradesperson to contact.
The following tradespeople can be contacted after hours ONLY if the maintenance is in one of the above categories. Please Note: If you contact a tradesman and it’s not considered urgent you will be charged for their time.
- Plumber: Earth Plumbing m: 0410 071 712 (Anthony)
- Hot Water: Emergency Hot Water p: 9365 4533
- Electrician: GFL Electrical m: 0419 203 982 (Gabi)
- Locksmith: J & D Locksmiths m: 0414 388 700 (Mark)
- Glazier: Bondi Glass m: 0417 348 815 or O’Brien Glass p: 1800 815 414